Position: Resort Sales Representative
Dept: Group Sales
Division: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Group Sales Supervisor
Status: Seasonal, Hourly + Incentive
The Resort Sales Representative is responsible for generating sales with existing customers and developing new customers, building and maintaining contacts with local consumer-based groups. The primary function is to sell Corporate Products, Bulk Tickets, Shop Tickets, and other group products facilitated at Stevens Pass.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field and/or 1+ year of sales experience with proven sales record required
- Ability to present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be organized with good time management skills.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of the sales process with excellent service and relationship-building skills
- Previous cold calling experience.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Be self-motivated, positive, results oriented, detailed, accurate
- Able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Able to take direction and implement tasks efficiently
- Experience in ski/resort industry, hospitality or event planning preferred
- Intermediate ski/board ability preferred
- Exhibits our service philosophy: Fast, Friendly, Flexible and Fun!
- Must be over 21 years of age; able to be insured to drive company vehicles.
- A team player willing to help out wherever necessary, comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Stevens Pass products and pricing
- Build relationships which result in sales
- Collaborate with Supervisor and Manager on outside sales projects and sales planning
- Integrate sales effort with other marketing activities (product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions)
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Adhere to all company policies, values; be a proponent and ambassador of Stevens Pass
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers.
- Contact potential customers and provide info related to purchasing of group products
- Determine customer needs and propose appropriate product
- Respond to requests for information on group business at Stevens Pass, including providing product quotes, offering additional products and services
- Track sales using sales database
- Ensure order forms, agreements and orders are complete and assist Accounting department with billing
- Participate in trade shows, consumer shows, networking events and assist with group coordination on site
- Submit completed reports for business related expenses
- Achieve sales goals: provide sales reports, action plans and attend sales meetings as required
- Regularly meet with Sales Supervisor to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers
Perform other duties as assigned by the department supervisor, manager, or senior management team.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Ability to stand for extended periods of time, viewing a computer monitor. Regularly required to walk, stand, sit and occasionally required to bend, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, balance, reach above shoulder and head. Must use hands and fingers to handle or feel, write, type, manipulate objects; reach with arms and/or hands. Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice covered surfaces, stairs and/or ladders. Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to work in all weather conditions. Must be able to drive a vehicle in winter and high traffic conditions. Must be able to access civic and corporate buildings, including elevators and stairways.