Position: Demo Technician
Reports to: Rental Manager
Status: Seasonal, hourly
Select, adjust and dispatch upper end winter sport equipment, accept, inspect and put away returned equipment. Assist guests in choosing the appropriate equipment for the conditions and the guests riding goals. Perform basic maintenance and minor repair of the demo center equipment. Assists hard good sales team by connecting the Demo guest with the opportunity to purchase retail hard goods and boot fitting.
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Must possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must possess the ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or employees.
• Must possess the ability to understand binding adjustment/release values charts.
• Must possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or verbal form.
• Must be certified in all major ski binding manufacturers carried in the Demo Center and Rental Tech. Center or possess the ability to become certified within one week of hiring.
• Must be able to inspect the guest’s personal boots and determine the suitability of said boots quickly with a thorough understanding of binding manufacturer requirements or possess the ability to gain this knowledge within one week of hiring.
• Previous ski and snowboard rental or retail experience is required.
• Previous guest service experience is required.
• This position requires a minimum age of 18 years.
• Must have general knowledge of the department offerings including equipment, tickets, and lessons.
• Must have general knowledge of the ski area including restrooms, drinking fountains, restaurants, and administration offices.
• Must have a strong familiarity with the techniques involved in skiing and snowboarding and how these techniques relate to equipment and conditions.
• This position requires extensive knowledge of individual ski and snowboard models offered including their intended use, recommended sizes, and results of reviews from popular ski magazines and websites.
• Must have knowledge of hard goods retail offerings including skis, snowboards, ski and snowboard boots, ski and snowboard bindings, poles, and all boot fitting products and services.
• Must have knowledge of and follow all dispatch and adjustment guidelines provided by each ski binding manufacturer and Stevens Pass Rental and Demo Centers.
• Must understand and complete all documents involved in the rental process including data input and required signatures.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to use hand tools, type, reach with hands or arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.