Position: Security Supervisor
Reports To: Security Manager
Status: Hourly seasonal
Supervises personnel involved in establishing, promoting, and maintaining resort security and property protection programs by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Responsible for orienting and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information.
- Investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Confers with representatives of local government to ensure cooperation and coordination of activities /responses with law enforcement, firefighting, and emergency medical services as appropriate.
- Assist in training of security staff.
- May, in some circumstances interview witnesses or victims, prepare case reports and possibly testify in court
- Promote the Fast, Friendly, Flexible and Fun philosophy.
- Patrol and inspect the resort to protect against vandalism, fire and illegal activity including loss prevention.
- Initiate contact with guests, and employees where appropriate
- Use radio, telephone and email communication
- Write comprehensive reports outlining their observations and activities during their assigned shift
- Provide escort and protection services to other departments (employee terminations, patrol, lounges etc)
- Perform additional tasks as requested by Security Manager, General Manager and or other management team members
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of five years experience in a Security related field.
- A minimum of three years experience in management.
- Demonstrated people, leadership and communications skills.
- Must be customer relations oriented and possess organizational skills.
- Must possess strong computer skills with a minimum experience in Word, Excel and email.
- Must be flexible with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business
- Able to be insured to drive/operate company owned vehicles/machinery
The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with arms and hands; climb or balance and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to cold, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some work areas are semi-remote and can only be reached by traveling via chairlift(s), skis, or snowboards. The ability to ski or snowboard at a “Blue Square” ability level or higher is preferred. Walking surfaces are frequently frozen, sloped and slippery.