Job Title: Snow Removal Operator
Department: Snow Removal
Reports To: Snow Removal Manager
Status: Seasonal, hourly
This position is responsible for removing snow from parking and other public access areas during the winter season. The Snow Removal department works graveyard shift only unless heavy snowfall dictates a swing shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate snow removal equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform minor equipment maintenance as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of snow removal equipment and work areas.
- Coordinate with other departments as directed.
- Assist the Grooming and Vehicle Maintenance departments on special projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the Snow Removal/Grooming Manager, the Mountain Operations Manager, the Senior Leadership Team, and the General Manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to be insured to drive and operate company vehicles and equipment.
- Previous experience operating snow removal equipment and heavy equipment and machinery.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger/handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. A distance vision is a requirement for this position. The employee will be exposed to vibration and some outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in this work environment is loud.