Job Title: Server
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Bar Services Management team
Status: Seasonal, hourly
Serves meals and/or beverages to patrons in dining establishment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Greet and seat guests in a friendly and professional manner.
• Provide excellent guest service in high volume environment.
• Present menu, answer questions, and make suggestions regarding food and service.
• Write order on check or memorize it.
• Use POS system to create kitchen and bar orders.
• Deliver food and drinks from kitchen and bar to guests.
• Garnish and decorate dishes preparatory to serving.
• Observe diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
• Total bill and accept payment or refers patron to Cashier.
• Brew coffee and perform other services as determined by supervisor.
• Clear and reset tables at conclusion of each course.
• Perform side work.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be at least 21 years of age. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Basic arithmetic skills required.. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. General computer or POS knowledge and cash handling skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Must be comfortable with the dynamics of a seasonal business.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Washington state food handlers permit and Class 13 liquor license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.