Position: Sales & Reservations Agent
Dept.: Sales & Reservations
Division: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Sales & Reservations Manager
Status: Seasonal, hourly
The Sales & Reservations Agent will be on the phone selling products and providing information on all aspects of our guest’s visit including but not limited to lift access products, ski and snowboard lessons, equipment rental, and recommendations for other activities and amenities such as transportation and lodging. Sales & Reservations Agents are trained to know about different products and services and have the unique opportunity to participate in activities offered by the resort.
Qualifications & Experience
- Have high school diploma/GED equivalent
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills with the demeanor to deal effectively with public and coworkers.
- Experience with a network based phone system.
- Possess computer skills with experience using Windows, Word and Excel.
- Sales and customer service experience is preferred.
- Skiing or snowboarding experience preferred.
- Experience in switchboard operation and etiquette is preferable.
- Be a team player that is comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal operation.
- Embrace the Stevens Pass service philosophy of: Fast, Friendly, Flexible & Fun
- Educate prospective & existing guests on products & services and help them make informed buying decisions to ensure the best guest experience possible.
- Ability to use different systems efficiently while entering accurate data.
- Utilize active listening skills that support effective telephone communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction by following an established sales process while continually adapting to ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Responsible for the operation of the phone console and general department support.
- Shared responsibility for email, online ticketing system and voicemail.
- Upsell products and services; using active listening skills to understand and connect guest to correct product.
- Learn details about a variety of products and services offered and accurately relay that knowledge to our guests.
- Provide support through online ticketing system for guest online store issues and questions.
- Provide excellent guest service to a variety of clientele through personalized conversations on phone and email.
- Sell products, follow up on sales inquiries, place customer orders in computer system in a timely manner.
- Transfer customer calls to appropriate staff.
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues using the tools & resources available.
- Follow-up on customer inquires not immediately resolved.
- Department filing and other general office tasks.
- Research transaction issues
- Recognize, document and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls.
- Recommend process improvements to supervisor.
Perform additional tasks as requested by department manager, the General Manager, and the senior management team.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must regularly stand, walk on uneven or slippery surfaces, reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear. The employee must frequently sit, stand, climb stairs or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with equipment assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close/distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.