Position: Vault Controller
Reports to: Auditing Manager
Position Type: Seasonal/Hourly
The Vault Controller is responsible for maintaining the efficient operation of the department under the guidance of the Auditing Supervisor; maintaining the vault in its entirety. Primary responsibilities include auditing reports, verifying figures, researching discrepancies, and documentation per the defined Auditing Department procedures. This position works closely with department managers communicating, researching, and correcting errors and discrepancies. Other duties include assisting with the completion of assigned reviews, training, guidance, and mentoring of department staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED and related experience and/or training in the field of Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years cash handling experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Must be detail oriented with strong communication skills.
- Minimum two years bookkeeping experience.
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective work relations with the staff and general public using tact, courtesy, and good judgment.
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, time management, and research skills.
- Basic Math skill level.
- Experience using 10 key
- Basic excel experience.
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory background screening.
- Responsible for the continued operation of the department in the absence of the Auditing Supervisor.
- Assist and participate in the Month-End process.
- Accurately count and record currency, coin, and checks by hand received for deposit.
- Balance Vault on a daily basis.
- Analyze and verify daily reporting and deposits.
- Verify audit functions are properly executed.
- Track inventory products including, but not limited to, lift tickets, vouchers, and cash.
- Obtain and transfer currency.
- Maintain tracking reports for management.
- Monitor and track cash requested by each department.
- Research and correct revenue discrepancies.
- Track, analyze, and update information in appropriate software systems.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Compare and contrast computer printouts, reports, and documents.
- Assist in over/short verification, correction, and explanation.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to the vault.
- Verify and document department banks and safes on a daily basis.
- Document all change request transactions.
- Verify all cash deposits from Auditors.
- Load ATM’s.
- Document ATM reports.
- Order money for vault and department safes, etc.
- Record and distribute/collect server over-shorts.
- Assist with staff training.
- Assist in cashier training.
- Assist with coordination of motivational employee activities.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, work space organization, and running errands as assigned.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by Auditing Supervisor, Accounting Manager, the Senior Leadership Team, or the General Manager.
Ability to perform sitting at a work station viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time. Regularly required to walk, stand, sit and occasionally required to bend, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, balance, reach above shoulder and head. Must use hands and fingers to handle or feel, write, type, manipulate objects; reach with arms and/or hands. Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice covered surfaces, stairs and/or ladders. Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to work in all weather conditions. Possess the ability to lift and/or move 40 lbs and up to 100 lbs with assistance. Must be able hear and to speak clearly to others including public speaking and phone and radio communication. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.