Position: Group Sales Coordinator
Dept: Group Sales
Division: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Group Sales Supervisor
Status: Seasonal, Hourly + Incentive
Coordinate multiple aspects of corporate and civic group outings in a professional, fast paced sales and service office environment. Aspects of organizing group outings may include: lift tickets, rental equipment, ski and snowboard lessons, food and beverage, Stevens Pass Nordic Center and chartered transportation. Daily duties include database management, professional written and verbal communication, guest service/hospitality, sales, service recovery, and interdepartmental tasks/coordination. Some outdoor work is required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business related field (administration, public relations, or marketing) or 2 years of event coordination experience preferred
- Experience in hospitality, catering or event planning preferred
- Experience in the ski industry preferred
- A minimum of one year cashiering experience
- Computer skills required (Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Previous resort software and database entry experience preferred
- Personal interest in skiing, snowboarding and the outdoors highly preferred
- Detailed, accurate and disciplined
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently on tasks, self-motivated
- Able to prioritize and work well with deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills
- Positive attitude with a high level of energy
- High level of integrity
- Ability to take direction and implement a task efficiently
- Must be able to be insured to drive a company owned vehicle in winter and high traffic conditions
- Must be comfortable with the dynamics of a seasonal business
- Must be comfortable working in a team setting
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Stevens Pass products and pricing
- Work cooperatively with other team members to ensure a smooth transition from the point of sale to the completion of the group event.
- Adhere to all company policies, values; be a proponent and ambassador of Stevens Pass
- Provide groups with information to assist in planning group visits
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks related to booking group visits
- Field incoming calls and respond to e-mail inquires
- Coordinate all aspects and details of group events in accordance with the needs of the Group Leader and the Resort.
- Communicate effectively with group leaders via phone, email and letter
- Gather detailed information about group visits and communicate with other departments to create a positive guest experience, including the preparation of Group Event Order (GEO) forms.
- Meet groups as they arrive on the mountain and provide support.
- Promote and encourage future visits by meeting group leaders, sending thank you notes, and conducting follow-up calls.
- Gather referrals for new business from current group leaders and pass this information on to the Group Sales Manager and Supervisor.
- Process orders including order taking, ticket printing and shipping, account reconciliation, ticket returns, and billing.
- Maintain and update a master calendar of all group visits, meetings, and tasks.
- Reconcile all RTP group accounts, create and distribute customized invoices, and collect payment in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department supervisor, manager or senior management team.
- Must be punctual and timely and adhere to attendance guidelines.
- Adhere to specific departmental procedures and service guidelines
- Strive to provide truly legendary service; setting and upholding department and company service standards
- Present a positive, energetic, and upbeat personality, serving as a spokesperson for the resort
- Maintain flexibility with work shifts and schedules
- Focus on the business and guest satisfaction as priority over ride breaks and personal time
- Perform duties with a high level of integrity
- Embrace and promote the department mission statement and service guidelines
Ability to stand for extended periods of time, viewing a computer monitor. Regularly required to walk, stand, sit and occasionally required to bend, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, balance, reach above shoulder and head. Must use hands and fingers to handle or feel, write, type, manipulate objects; reach with arms and/or hands. Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice covered surfaces, stairs and/or ladders. Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to work in all weather conditions. Must be able to be insured to drive a company owned vehicle in winter and high traffic conditions. Must be able to access civic and corporate buildings, including elevators and stairways.