POSITION: Quick Serve FOH Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Quick Service Management team
STATUS: Seasonal, Hourly, Non Exempt
STAFF SUPERVISED: 10 to 25
Responsible for the daily Front of House operations in the quick serve restaurants of the Granite Peaks, Pacific Crest and Tye Creek Lodges. Ensure that these operations are run efficiently and cost effectively while maintaining a high level of customer service. Must see teamwork, employee morale and a positive work environment as a priority. Provide support, direction and assistance to all staff members while helping them maintain a “Fast, Friendly, Flexible and Fun” attitude. Maintain clear and open communication with staff members, all other departments within the resort and the parent company.
A minimum of one-year food and beverage supervisory experience, in a fast paced, high volume, food and beverage operation, or equivalent education. Must be able to understand business financial statements, purchasing and personnel management, with an emphasis on training, directing and motivating others. Must be able to work as a team member with other managers and supervisors. Position is subject to a satisfactory background screening. Comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
• Monitor all daily operations to ensure that customer service and quality levels are being met
• Assist in staff recruitment and training
• Maintain clean, well-organized, and well-maintained facilities in compliance with Stevens Pass and Washington State mandated Standards
• Ensure the production of the best possible product, attractively presented and efficiently served
• Lead by example, while overseeing implementation of daily operating procedures within Lodge
• Ensure that proper cash handling procedures are followed
• Handle customer relations and/or employee problems that may arise, making consistent decisions to resolve conflict
• Assist with inventories, reports and other paperwork as required, in a timely manner
• Participate in weekly management meetings and other company activities
• Participate in guest experience programs and incorporate into daily operating procedures
• Other duties as required by Stevens Pass management
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:
Effective staff supervision is critical to the success of these operations. This supervisor must have leadership qualities and traits that include:
• The ability to listen to employees and understand their concerns and questions from regularly scheduled staff meetings and one and one interactions
• Ability to represent the views of staff to management
• Ability to represent the views of the company to the employees
• Lead by example
• Motivate employees to perform under challenging conditions
• Maintain high staff morale
• Participate in constructive employee reviews
• Document corrective discussions
• Be knowledgeable about the ski area, all food and beverage services.
• Show up to work on time and in uniform.
• Provide a positive attitude towards the workplace, co-workers and guests.
• Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers effectively regarding personal/work issues.
• Able to work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with department policy and procedure.
• Detail oriented, ensuring that all steps are taken to develop and implement training and development programs.
• Ensure that duties/projects/tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Possess the ability to use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure.
• Know the Food and Beverage Manager and Supervisor Behavioral Expectations and act according to these guidelines in the workplace.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Washington state food handlers permit, Class 12 liquor card
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to use hand tools, type, reach with hands or arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.