Position: Rental Center Cashier
Department: Ski and Snowboard School and Rentals
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non Exempt
Reports to: Rental Center Cashier Supervisor
Rental Center Cashiers are responsible for connecting with each guest to match them to the right product and accurately perform point of sale transactions to ensure a positive and memorable experience. Tasks include setting up the sales station, cashiering and cash handling, processing orders, check-ins and reservations as providing day to day quality guest service.
While being based in the Rental Center, they work together as part of a larger team to ensure the smooth operation across the whole Ski and Snowboard School and Rentals department, and the job offers many growth and cross training opportunities through accumulating different skills. Work levels vary based on business volume and pay is determined by work performance and experience with systems at Stevens Pass.
- A minimum of one-year experience working in a customer oriented environment
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Windows, and Word
- Experience with a P.O.S system and cash handling highly desired
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Must be detail orientated and accurate with ability to follow specific departmental procedures and guidelines.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and the demeanor to serve as a spokesperson for the area
- Excellent customer service skills and communciation
- Must be positive, energetic, and upbeat with the ability to handle a fast paced, multi-task environment
- Must be a team player that is comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal operation
- Employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory background screening
- Greet and connect with the guest to determine the right product and suggest alternative or additional products or services to guests when appropriate
- Process transactions in accordance to departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork is completed
- Fulfill daily reservations and troubleshoot daily sales and reservations issues
- Check-in reservation guests to our Rental Center facility
- Perform administrative tasks including filing, copying and alphabetizing
- Perform opening and closing duties and provide accurate daily transactions to the Auditing Department
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of all guest facing areas and back of house locations
- Cross-train into other areas to broaden job knowledge and experience when appropriate
- Perform additional tasks as requested by Managers and Supervisors, the General Manager and Senior Management Team.
- Be a proponent of Stevens Pass vision, mission, values, and service philosophy
- Be a good example for the sport and industry by managing personal stress levels, maintaining a positive attitude and communicating enthusiasm for learning.
- Uphold a high personal standard of punctuality, professionalism and work quality
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance in accordance with department uniform policies.
- Raise concerns regarding resources, personnel or workload appropriately and in a timely manner
- Apply a detail oriented approach to tasks when required, producing accurate work
- Work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with policies and procedures
- Possess the ability to use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure.
- Possess intimate knowledge of all products, promotions, policies and procedures.
Physical and Environmental Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger/handle or feel, stoop/kneel/crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms. Sometimes the employee is required to climb or balance. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds; assist fallen students in getting up and maintaining balance. Must have good close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to perform the duties of this job in all weather conditions.