Position: Rentals Center Team Member
Department: Ski and Snowboard School and Rentals
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non Exempt
Reports to: Rentals Center Supervisors
Often the first point of contact for many guests and in particular beginners, Rental Center Team Members have the opportunity to work together to create a great first impression. The goal of the team is to maintain an effective and efficient operation of the shop, while delivering quality guest service.
Team Members perform various tasks related to the operation of the Rental Center including setting up the shop, greeting and welcoming guests, boot fitting, adjusting/teching snowsports equipment, handling equipment returns and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and organization in front and back of house areas.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for snowsports
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Proven to be detail oriented and thorough when following directions and completing paperwork
- Must be certified by the primary ski binding manufacturer or become certified within 1 week of beginning position
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business
- Employment in this position may be subject to a satisfactory background screening
- Work in an efficient manner that helps the team and the shop to achieve goals of throughput and service
- Interact with all customers in a fun, inclusive and welcoming manner
- Assist in ensuring all guests are fitted accurately for boots
- Select, inspect, adjust and dispatch boots and equipment, following shop and manufacturers’ policies and procedures
- Ensure all appropriate guest and employee paperwork is completed
- Educate guests and check for understanding regarding basic equipment usage
- Receive and properly store returned gear, assist with equipment inventory and inspection
- Thank guests and encourage them to return
- Ensure all opening and closing shop procedures are followed to result in a smooth transition between shifts
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of all front and back of house areas
- Cross-train into other areas to broaden job knowledge and experience when appropriate
- Perform additional tasks as requested by Managers and Supervisors, the General Manager and Senior Management Team.
- Be a proponent of Stevens Pass vision, mission, values, and service philosophy
- Be a good example for the sport and industry by managing personal stress levels, maintaining a positive attitude and communicating enthusiasm for snowsports
- Uphold a high personal standard of punctuality, professionalism and work quality
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance in accordance with department uniform policies.
- Raise concerns regarding resources, personnel or workload appropriately and in a timely manner
- Apply a detail oriented approach to tasks when required, producing accurate work and properly completing and handling paperwork and equipment
- Work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with policies and procedures
- Possess the ability to use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure.
- Possess intimate knowledge of all products, equipment, promotions, policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to use hand tools, type, reach with hands or arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.