Position: Rental Center Night Supervisor
Department: Rental Center
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non Exempt
Reports to: Rental Center Manager
The Rental Center Night Supervisor is responsible for oversight of the operation of the Rental Center during scheduled night operations. Reporting to the Rental Center Manager who typically works during the day shift, the Night Supervisor assists in the shift changeover to ensure the night operation is setup for success.
They lead and coordinate a team of front line employees, equipment techs and cashiers to deliver quality service, follow operating procedures and to close up the shop, preparing it in full to be ready to open the following day. Prior to the start of the night operations schedule, the supervisor will assist the department with pre-season hiring, inventory, shop maintenance and training, as well as early season operations as needed.
SUPERVISED STAFF: Up to 25 Rental Center Team Members and Cashiers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous leadership experience required
- Possess or achieve relevant binding certification(s) one week prior to start of scheduled night operations
- Possess or achieve functional proficiency with RTP sales system one week prior to start of scheduled night operations
- Highly organized and have the ability to remain calm and courteous when under pressure
- Strong communication, motivational, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate an ability to follow, train and enforce specific departmental procedures and guidelines
- Must be positive, energetic, and upbeat with the ability to handle a fast paced work environment.
- Employment in this position may be subject to a satisfactory background screening
- Must be available to work weekend and holiday evenings throughout the winter season, and be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Ensure the shop is setup, staffed and maintained to a level in keeping with our goal of providing quality guest service
- Manage and monitor labor, service levels and productivity and make adjustments as needed
- Assist with shift changeover, direct and oversee shop closing procedures for full readiness for the following day
- Ensure any equipment pre-sets are completed and stored and reservations fulfilled and filed
- Conduct daily meetings and attend and participate in regular meetings with the department leadership team
- Ensure the accurate accounting of funds for transactions, daily cash out, and proper completion of all paperwork and reports associated with the operation of the facility
- Provide accurate information to guests about resort operations, products, policies etc. in a courteous and helpful manner
- Handle guest complaints professionally and ensure that timely and appropriate follow-up is done, escalating if necessary
- Ensure staff are kept appropriately informed, communicate important information in a clear and timely manner
- Consistently turn in accurate and complete yard sheets for payroll in a timely manner
- Hold yourself and staff accountable to a high standard of personal grooming, professionalism and time management
- Use feedback received from guest surveys and observations to recognize employees or offer constructive advice and feedback on how to improve performance, including taking disciplinary action when required and escalating concerns in a timely manner
- Conduct employee performance evaluations
- Assist with administrative tasks, scheduling, hiring and training
- Assist with daily equipment maintenance and inventory, and shop upkeep and maintenance
- Assist with Rental Shop day operations, pre-season inventory and preparations and other tasks prior to the start of Night Operations and after Night Operations end as needed.
- Be a proponent of Stevens Pass vision, mission, values, and service philosophy
- Ensure policies, procedures, and expectations of the department and the company are communicated and enforced. Raise concerns regarding resources, personnel or workload appropriately and in a timely manner
- Possess the ability to remain composed and use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure
- Be a good example for the sport and industry by managing personal stress levels, maintaining a positive attitude and communicating enthusiasm for learning and continued professional development through training
- Assume shared responsibility along with employees and management staff to ensure all employee and equipment storage areas are kept clean and tidy and required maintenance or supply/ordering needs are reported in a timely manner
- Gain and maintain a good understanding of RTP sales procedures
- Work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with department and company policies and procedures
- Allow employees an appropriate amount of freedom and responsibility in the work place and maintain high staff morale
- Complete the necessary paperwork and other requirements of the position in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Rental Center Manager, General Manager and Senior Management Team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to use hand tools, type, reach with hands or arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.