Job Title: Retail Sales Associate
Report To: Retail Management Team
Assists guests with purchases, shop upkeep, shop security, and while using excellent register and cash handling skills.
- Assists guests in the selection and purchase of gear and merchandise. Relies upon training, personal experience, and research to guide guests in the selection process.
- Maintains the store presentation through re-stocking, housekeeping, and professional demeanor.
- Operates the point of sale
- Maintains shop security.
- Follows procedures for opening and closing duties.
- Adheres to all protocols and guidelines set forth by Management Team and Stevens Pass.
- Other duties as assigned by the Retail Management Team, GM or Senior Team
- Possess extensive and detailed knowledge of a broad range of winter sports retail products, their use, and limitations.
- Current snow sports participant, and have relevant winter sports awareness.
- Excellent math/register skills and the ability to use a computer point of sale system.
- Possesses ability to maintain departmental harmony by cultivating productive relationships.
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally to a diverse range of guests about our products and policies.
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- High school diploma or general educations degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, product literature, and procedure manuals.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
May occasionally lift boxes up to 50lbs. Shoveling snow occasionally walk over uneven, winter weather outdoor surfaces. General cleaning duties such as trash, recycling, vacuuming and window washing.
Able to stand or sit for long periods of time. Long periods of computer use. Unpacking inventory and placing it in the appropriate area. The employee is frequently required to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, crawl, crouch, climb, balance and negotiate winter walking surfaces. The employee must be able to speak and to hear. Noise level may be moderate.