Position: Ski and Snowboard School Conveyor Lift Operator
Department: Ski and Snowboard School and Rentals
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non Exempt
Reports to: Ski and Snowboard School Flow Zone Supervisor
Operators interact with guests briefly, but on an almost constant basis throughout the day, and their friendly and helpful attitude is a key part of creating the welcoming and fun atmosphere that lays the foundation for a great guest experience. The Operators are tasked with the proper and safe operation of conveyor lifts (magic carpets) located within the Ski and Snowboard School teaching areas. Operators should be prepared for working outdoors for prolonged periods and sometimes in inclement weather.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for snowsports and/or the mountain environment
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for working with youth
- Prior customer service experience highly desired
- Must be a team player that is comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal operation.
- Employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory background screening
- Operate the conveyor lift; executing the safe, efficient, and courteous loading and unloading of passengers as required by A.N.S.I B77 regulations
- Assist in ensuring lift is ready for maintenance inspection and operation
- Perform snow removal from the carpets, including operating the snowblower when trained, to have the carpets ready for inspection and operation prior to lessons starting
- Ensure that the safety signage and bamboo fencing around the carpets and learning areas is properly set prior to the mountain opening and maintained throughout the day
- Maintain loading and unloading ramps to the required standard through end of shift and ready for the next shift
- Assist other conveyor operators in covering breaks
- Complete proper conveyor lift documentation i.e. lift logs and break logs
- Maintain an informed status about lift openings and closures and general operating conditions
- Sweep snow and empty the catch box when necessary
- Assist instructors with lessons when required
- Assist with additional Ski and Snowboard School tasks such as setting up and maintaining teaching areas and helping with the daily operations of the Youth Programs facility
- Perform additional tasks as requested by Managers and Supervisors, Administrative Staff, the General Manager and Senior Management Team.
- Be a proponent of Stevens Pass vision, mission, values, and service philosophy
- Create a welcoming and fun atmosphere for all guests through friendly and helpful interactions
- Be a good example for the sport and industry by managing personal stress levels, maintaining a positive attitude and communicating an enthusiasm for learning
- Uphold a high personal standard of punctuality, professionalism, work quality and appearance, arriving to work and back from breaks punctual and fit to work in full uniform
- Gain knowledge of the department’s programs, lessons and promotions to be able to answer guest question
- Understand and follow the company and department policies and procedures
- Communicate concerns, scheduling conflicts, availability changes or questions to supervisory or management staff in a timely manner
- Possess the ability to remain composed and use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure.
- Assume shared responsibility along with employees and management staff to ensure all employee areas are kept clean and tidy and required maintenance or supply/ordering needs are reported in a timely manner
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, sit, stoop, balance, ski and/or snowboard, climb and hike in and over steep, winter terrain. The employee will reach with hands and arms to manipulate small items with gloved hands; operate a manual shovel; swing and carry hand tools, equipment, and personal supplies. The employee may regularly lift up to 40 pounds alone and may occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with assistance. Assist fallen students in getting up and maintaining balance; utilizing proper lifting techniques. The employee may be exposed to: working near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; and inclement weather and mountain environmental conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice covered surfaces, stairs and/or ladders. The noise level in the working environment is usually loud; the employee is occasionally exposed to high volume of power tools and machinery.