Position: Ski and Snowboard School Children’s Indoor Attendant
Department: Ski and Snowboard School
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non Exempt
Reports to: Youth Programs Supervisor
Children’s Indoor Attendants perform various tasks primarily related to the operation of the Youth Programs facility. They are focused on the well-being and comfort of the children while they are inside as well as general upkeep of the facility to create a fun and safe environment. The role is heavily centered on working with young children, caring for and connecting with them during the most sensitive stages of their day (saying goodbye to parents, fitting boots, going to the bathroom, lunchtime etc.). They also conduct indoor activity sessions with our 3-4 year olds during scheduled indoor time and take care of those children that need a little extra assistance to enjoy their experience.
Their overall goal is to help the lessons run as smoothly as possible, creating experiences for the children that inspire a love of snowsports and the mountain environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be 14 years of age or older
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for working with youth
- Experience working with children highly desired
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Valid WA state food handler’s card, obtained upon hire
- Must be available to commit to a submitted schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts and be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Employment in this position may be subject to a satisfactory background screening.
- Greet students, families, and guests; ensuring a warm welcome into Youth Programs
- Check students in and out of the Youth Programs facility
- Ensure guests complete appropriate paperwork
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the building including the registration area, lunch room, bathrooms, storage closets, kitchen and other areas
- Help students acclimatize to the new environment and after separating from their parent/guardian
- Assist in student rental procedures and boot fitting
- Assist in lunch preparation, serving, and clean up
- Help students use the bathroom facilities
- Care for students who take breaks because they are sad/upset/tired etc. and follow department protocol in notifying supervisors and parents
- Conduct indoor activity sessions for 3-4 year olds during scheduled indoor time as part of their lessons
- Assist in other areas as needed within the Youth Programs and Ski & Snowboard School Department
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Snowsports School Managers and Supervisors
- Be a proponent of Stevens Pass vision, mission, values, and service philosophy
- Create a welcoming and fun atmosphere for all guests and demonstrate enthusiasm for working with kids
- Be a good example for the sport and industry by managing personal stress levels, maintaining a positive attitude and communicating an enthusiasm for learning
- Uphold a high personal standard of punctuality, professionalism, work quality and appearance, arriving to work and back from breaks punctual and fit to work in full uniform
- Gain knowledge of the department’s programs, lessons and promotions to be able to answer guest questions
- Understand and follow the company and department policies and procedures
- Communicate concerns, scheduling conflicts, availability changes or questions to supervisory or management staff in a timely manner
- Possess the ability to remain composed and use good judgment when dealing with situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure.
- Assume shared responsibility along with employees and management staff to ensure all employee areas are kept clean and tidy and required maintenance or supply/ordering needs are reported in a timely manner
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger/handle or feel, stoop/kneel/crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms. Sometimes the employee is required to climb or balance. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance. Assist fallen students in getting up and maintaining balance; utilizing proper lifting techniques. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice covered surfaces, stairs and/or ladders. Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to work in all weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.