Position: Ski and Snowboard School Children’s On-snow Attendant
Department: Ski and Snowboard School and Rentals
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non Exempt
Reports to: Youth Programs Supervisor
Children’s On-snow Attendants perform various tasks primarily related to the operation of the Youth Programs facility. They are focused on the setup and maintenance of the teaching areas as well as working with ski/snowboard equipment and assisting conveyor lift operators. They also work with in tandem with and provide support to instructors and their classes but are not required to teach or lead the group. This is a great position for someone who has the goal of becoming an instructor, but does not yet meet the qualification requirements or wants to gain experience in a support role first.
Their overall goal is to help the lessons run as smoothly as possible, creating experiences for the children that inspire a love of snowsports and the mountain environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for working with youth
- Experience working with children highly desired
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Valid WA state food handler’s card, obtained upon hire
- Must be available to commit to a submitted schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts and be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Employment in this position may be subject to a satisfactory background screening.
- Greet students, families, and guests; ensuring a warm welcome into Youth Programs
- Set up and maintain outdoor teaching areas including fences, mats and signs
- Assist in student rental procedures and boot fitting
- Shuttle students or ski or snowboard equipment between locations
- Assist in the loading/unloading of conveyor lifts and operate the lifts if trained and required
- Assist instructors in teaching classes and managing students
- Utilize proper techniques when lifting/assisting students or equipment
- Assist in other areas as needed within the Youth Programs and Ski & Snowboard School Department
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Snowsports School Managers and Supervisors
- Be a proponent of Stevens Pass vision, mission, values, and service philosophy
- Create a welcoming and fun atmosphere for all guests and demonstrate enthusiasm for working with kids
- Be a good example for the sport and industry by managing personal stress levels, maintaining a positive attitude and communicating an enthusiasm for learning
- Uphold a high personal standard of punctuality, professionalism, work quality and appearance, arriving to work and back from breaks punctual and fit to work in full uniform
- Gain knowledge of the department’s programs, lessons and promotions to be able to answer guest question
- Understand and follow the company and department policies and procedures
- Communicate concerns, scheduling conflicts, availability changes or questions to supervisory or management staff in a timely mannePossess the ability to remain composed and use good judgment when dealing with situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure.
- Assume shared responsibility along with employees and management staff to ensure all employee areas are kept clean and tidy and required maintenance or supply/ordering needs are reported in a timely manner
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger/handle or feel, stoop/kneel/crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms. Sometimes the employee is required to climb or balance. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance. Assist fallen students in getting up and maintaining balance; utilizing proper lifting techniques. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice covered surfaces, stairs and/or ladders. Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to work in all weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.