Title: IT Manager
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: VP of Marketing and Sales
Status: Year round, Exempt, Benefitted
Responsible for management of all IT assets, staff, budget, and general department direction. Works with management to research, implement, and maintain IT infrastructure. Schedule will be 5-Days/Week, Weekends, Holidays, and On-Call. This position requires a satisfactory background screening. Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of the ski industry.
The Information Technology Manager is a multifaceted role with both management and engineering responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain information technology plans that align with business strategies, and effectively communicate plans to the Management team.
- Manage budgets and capital projects.
- Hire, train, and supervise IT staff.
- Select, design, and implement effective and innovative technology for existing and future needs in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Develop custom solutions and business intelligence for resort enterprise resource planning and point of sale systems.
- Assist System Administrators in operational responsibilities of servers, network infrastructure, and helpdesk tickets.
- Develop and document system configurations, troubleshooting methods, disaster recovery, and network usage policies.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by members of the Executive Team.
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to manage and empower staff.
- 3+ years administration experience with Microsoft Server 2008 R2+ domain environments including DNS, DHCP, file shares, Group Polocy, Exchange, and IIS.
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008+, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Thorough knowledge of data networking concepts and protocols including Ethernet, TCP/IP, routing, and switching.
- 3+ years experience with SQL reporting, custom BI queries, and Microsoft SQL Server administration.
- 3+ years experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data networks, including routers, switches, and firewalls. Brocade, Cisco, Barracuda, and Fortigate preferred.
- Experience with enterprise storage systems. NetApp preferred.
- Experience with enterprise WLAN systems. Aruba and Ubiquiti preferred.
- Experience with virtualization technology. Citrix XenServer preferred.
- Experience with hybrid analog/VOIP telephony systems. ShoreTel preferred.
- Development experience, preferably with Microsoft’s .NET framework, C++, and SQL.
- RTP|One administration experience.
- Maintain vendor relationships, purchase orders, and timely deployment of equipment.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills with strict attention to detail, standards, and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and prioritize tasks while contributing in a team environment.
- A passion for the mountains and intermediate ski or snowboard ability.
- Experience with Linux, Debian or Ubuntu preferred.
- Experience with Skidata access controls.
- Experience with credit card processors and PCI compliance.
- Advanced ski or snowboard ability.
Physical demands and work environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.
This is a full-time (40 hr/week), salary, year-round position. The work schedule and hours are consistent, but the work week may include Saturday and Sunday during the winter season to facilitate our 7 day per week operation. Occasional off-site, evening, and holiday work is required.
This position comes with a base salary of $65K including group health benefits and management level bonus plan. Stevens Pass Mountain Resort bases salaries on resort industry standards with increases based on skill and performance.