Position: Marketing Communications Supervisor
Reports To: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Status: Seasonal, Hourly (6-month) Nov 1 –April 30
The Stevens Pass Marketing Communications Supervisor will oversee multiple aspects of social media, content creation, website updating, project management, and traditional Public Relations information along with general marketing for the resort.
The Marketing Communications Supervisor will maintain a favorable public image for the company by communicating company programs, accomplishments and/or points of view. Prepares and distributes news releases and fact sheets to media outlets. Oversees preparation and dissemination of press releases and articles, as well as writing creative blog stories and updates for the company website.
In addition, the position will assist with social media initiatives in support of the Stevens Pass brand. Working closely with the Content Team and others in the marketing department, the Marketing Communications Supervisor will develop and implement an integrated plan designed to support the company’s brand pillars, marketing initiatives, events, promotions and ancillary business. Ideally, the candidate will have a passion for, and proficiency in, action photography. This position will also be responsible for snow reporting duties when the snow reporter is absent. Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
1 Snow Reporter
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of marketing related experience, resort industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or a similar degree required
- Experience copywriting and editing (strong narrative skills preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with all leading social media channels including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse group within the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to trouble-shoot and problem-solve while assisting with multiple projects, strategies, promotions, and events throughout the season
- Experience in website updating and use of content management systems desirable
- Competency with Microsoft Office (Excel and Power Point)
- Competency with Adobe Suite preferred
- Ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level or better
- Possess the ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time in all weather conditions
- Able to be insured to drive company owned vehicles
- Create engaging written and visual content for website and social media channels
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date content on Stevens Pass’ website, including snow reports, photos, video, creating web copy and updating existing copy at request of departmental managers.
- Will travel on occasional business trips in Pacific Northwest region
- Manage the projects management system Basecamp, schedule projects for Marketing Team and assist in managing Marketing team’s deadlines
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times; follow company guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner
- Write press releases and distribute to endemic and regional media
- Plan social strategy aimed at increasing brand awareness, fostering trust and positioning the brand as the leader in day visit skiing, riding and lift accessed mountain biking.
- Create campaigns and calls-to-action that generate conversions and ROI to company.
- Support Stevens Pass environmental initiatives through social media channels.
- Work across departments to ensure proper messaging is being executed through all social media platforms and is relevant to organizational goals.
- Supervise social media efforts, ensuring consistencies of messaging, and customer care.
- Conduct competitive analysis studies and research new trends and best practices.
- Secure local, regional and national media coverage through proactive public relations including press releases, story pitching, media hosting, relationship building and database management
- Maintain a thorough understanding of AP Style writing
- Manage Snow Reporter position and fulfill snow reporter tasks when needed
- Maintain familiarity with resort programs, positions and events.
- Brainstorm and schedule photographic/video asset gathering projects
- Assist in capturing photography/video as conditions allow
- Conceptualize and write stories for blog posts/web pages
- Assist with graphic design and merchandising
Perform additional tasks as requested by the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, the General Manager or other Senior Team members.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must regularly stand, walk on uneven or slippery surfaces, reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear. The employee must frequently sit, stand, climb stairs or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with equipment assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close/distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Noise level may be loud at times.