Job Title: Kitchen Steward
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Lodge Kitchen Management team
Status: Non Exempt, Seasonal, Hourly
Cleans kitchen area efficiently in a fast paced environment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Clean and wash pots and pans, dishes, chopping blocks, and service stations.
• Place washed glasses in rack to prevent breakage.
• Defrost and clean refrigerators and iceboxes.
• Dump garbage and cleans can.
• Mop floors and clean up spills in assigned area.
• Carry supplies from refrigerators and storerooms to galleys, pantries, bakery.
• Stock serving stations with dishes, condiments, etc.
• Wash dishes using a commercial dishwasher.
• Assist servers, cooks and bussers as needed.
• Greet guests in a courteous manner.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other duties may be assigned
• Show up to work on time and in uniform.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude toward the workplace, co-workers, and the guests.
• Communicate with supervisors regarding personal and work issues.
• Ability to use good judgment when dealing with situations that are not clearly defined by standard operating procedures.
• Will assist enthusiastically when asked to help out in other areas of Food and Beverage departments.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
No prior experience or training is necessary. Ability to read basic instructions and perform some basic math. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be flexible with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Washington state food handlers permit.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.