Position: Ski and Snowboard School Guest Services Supervisor
Department: Ski and Snowboard School and Rentals
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non Exempt
Reports to: Ski and Snowboard School and Rentals Guest Services Manager
This position encompasses the supervision of the school’s two front desk sale locations, as well as our back-of-house phone and email communications. It’s the perfect role for someone who enjoys the challenge of coordinating a lot of moving parts and working closely with people in a fast paced, customer focused environment. The Guest Services Supervisor will lead a team of Representatives to provide outstanding guest service, to ensure the timely and accurate check-in of lesson guests and match customers to the right resort products or services. Other tasks include collecting and compiling lesson data and maintaining strong working relationships with other sales departments at the resort.
The ideal candidate would possess a passion for snowsports and the mountain environment, as well as exceptional customer service skills, an accurate, detail oriented approach to work and prior leadership experience.
SUPERVISED STAFF: Guest Service Representatives, Cashiers
- A minimum of three-years experience working in a sales or customer oriented environment
- Passion for snowsports and the mountain environment
- Prior experience in a lead or supervisory role highly desired
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Windows, and Word
- Experience with RTP (Resort Technology Partners) P.O.S system highly desired
- Problem solver, self-motivated and self-directed
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills and ability to accurately multi-task
- Must demonstrate an ability to follow, train and enforce specific departmental procedures and guidelines
- Must be positive, energetic, and upbeat with the ability to handle a fast paced work environment.
- Employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory background screening.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays throughout the winter season, and be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Ensure that the level of guest service provided by the school is in line with the company’s values and service philosophy
- Gain and maintain intimate knowledge of all Ski and Snowboard School programs, products policies and procedures
- Work with the Private Lesson Supervisor to coordinate lesson scheduling, booking, assignment and guest communication
- Oversee guest check-in, sales, reservation fulfillment and cancellation processing in our Youth Programs facility
- Ensure that our phone and email traffic is responded to in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure timely follow-up with guest concerns, escalating when necessary
- Conduct morning meetings, keep staff informed; listen and attend to employee concerns and questions.
- Work with the Guest Services Manager to ensure scheduling is appropriate to business volume
- Attend and participate in management meetings or Cross Department meetings as needed
- Assist with product, RTP and e-store testing as required
- Assist with hiring and training as required
- Be a proponent of Stevens Pass vision, mission, values, and service philosophy
- Uphold a high personal standard of punctuality, professionalism, work quality and appearance
- Ensure policies, procedures, and expectations of the department and the company are communicated and enforced. Raise concerns regarding resources, personnel or workload appropriately and in a timely manner
- Possess the ability to remain composed and use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure
- Assume shared responsibility along with employees and management staff to ensure all employee and storage areas are kept clean and tidy and required maintenance or supply/ordering needs are reported in a timely manner
- Allow employees an appropriate amount of freedom and responsibility in the work place and maintain high staff morale
- Complete the necessary paperwork and other requirements of the position in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure timely completion of staff performance appraisals and record and conduct constructive and informative conversations on how employees may improve their performance.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by department Managers, the General Manager and Senior Management Team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, sit, stoop, balance, climb and hike in and over steep, winter terrain. The employee will reach with hands and arms to manipulate small items with gloved hands; operate a manual shovel; swing and carry hand tools, equipment, and personal supplies. The employee may regularly lift up to 40 pounds alone and may occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance. The employee may be exposed to: working near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; and inclement weather and mountain environmental conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the working environment is usually loud; the employee may be exposed to high volume of power tools and machinery. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; frequently walk on slick, wet, snow-covered, or uneven surfaces.