Position: Nordic Center Team Member
Department: Nordic Center
Reports To: Nordic Center Manager or on duty Supervisor
- Washington State liquor control board class 13 servers permit
- Washington State food handlers card
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively in public group settings
- General knowledge of the resort and Nordic Center products and services
- Experience with Nordic ski waxing techniques
- Minimum one year experience in sales and customer services involving product sales, support and face-to-face guest interaction.
- A minimum of one year cashiering experience with the ability to count back change
- Must be detail orientated and accurate, with the ability to find and correct errors
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively operate a two-way radio
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high volume work environment
- Must have a strong desire to work with a team serving guests and providing exceptional customer service
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business
- Ability to be insured to operate company vehicles, machinery, and snowmobiles.
- Process sales and fulfillment of products and services.
- Answer guest questions and provide accurate information and directions.
- Operate cash register, receive payment for goods and services, and complete daily cashier reports and drops
- Perform data entry and general office duties.
- Select, inspect, adjust, and dispatch rental gear.
- Complete rental agreements while following shop and manufacturers’ policies and procedures.
- Assist guests with boot and gear fittings.
- Wax and tune Nordic skis and equipment as needed.
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of Nordic technician equipment.
- Prepare food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Greet and serve guests in a courteous manner.
- Ensure all food is prepared, cooked, and presented according to health department regulations and safe food handling practices.
- Maintain a clean, stocked, and organized work area.
- Assist with opening and closing duties.
- Shovel and assist with snow removal.
- Assist with splitting wood as needed.
- Validate guest passes and tickets.
- Assist with trail maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and healthy work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable about the Nordic Center, rental shop, retail products, equipment, and instructional services.
- Show up to work on time and in uniform; remain at assigned station or area, unless otherwise directed.
- Provide a positive attitude towards the workplace, co-workers and guests.
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers effectively regarding personnel/work issues.
- Work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with department policies and procedures.
- Maintain a detail oriented focus, ensuring that all steps are taken to ensure the safety of the guest by properly completing and handling paperwork and equipment.
- Ensure that duties/projects/tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Possess the ability to use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by shop policy and procedure.
- Respond enthusiastically when asked to help out in other areas.
Ability to perform sitting at a work station viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time. Regularly required to walk, stand, sit and occasionally required to bend, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, balance, reach above shoulder and head. Must use hands and fingers to handle or feel, write, type, manipulate objects; reach with arms and/or hands. Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice covered surfaces, stairs and/or ladders. Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to work in all weather conditions. Possess the ability to lift and/or move 40 lbs and up to 100 lbs with assistance. Must be able hear and to speak clearly to others including public speaking and phone and radio communication. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.