Position: Nordic Host
Report To: Nordic Center Manger
Status: National Ski Patrol Host Program Volunteer
Serve as an integral operation of the Nordic Center by supporting the overall quality of the guest experience. Promote Stevens Pass on trails, in base area. Provide an added level of service to the guest. Provide information directly to guests about pass/ticket sales, special events, marketing promotions, service locations and general area information. Greet and assist guests at trailhead, base area, and on trails. Report accidents and assist ski patrol with injured guests. Collect suggestions and comments directly from guests. Administer surveys for Marketing. Report to Nordic Center Manager and the team leader. Attend team meetings during shifts to receive pertinent information and develop team communication. A team leader does the entire above, plus assists the manager with team communication, attendance, daily assignment, and on-going training.
Qualifications & Experience
- An outgoing and vibrant personality with the ability to communicate with all types of individuals and groups.
- Must be guest relations/customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with manager and team leader.
- Must be a team player comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal operation.
- Accomplished skier with basic knowledge of Stevens Pass terrain.
- Have a current basic First Aid card for NSP registration.
- Able to be insured to drive and/or operate company vehicles and machinery
- Cooperate with all departments and fellow employees.
- Promote the Fast, flexible and fun philosophy.
- Assure continuous team coverage of trailhead station throughout assigned shift.
- Check every guest every time for current trail and or seasons pass.
- Attend meetings during shifts.
- Provide guest ski/snowshoe tours or general orientation to the valley as designated.
- Provide information for guest at designated stations.
- Greet guests as they enter the trail system from parking lots; direct and guide guests.
- Support the efforts of the department by attaining a working knowledge of products and amenity locations.
- Assist ticket sales, coordinating and directing guests according to their needs.
- Serve as traffic control at other designated areas when directed.
- Coordinate backcountry users to appropriate trail access and assist in education of trail crossings.
- Carry and monitor two way radios and communicate with team members as needed.
- Assist Nordic Center staff in maintaining trailside amenities.
- Assist Nordic Center staff in trail closures if needed.
- Monitor snowshoe activities and assist in directing guests to trail systems.
- Assist in organized search and rescue if needed.
- Conduct marketing surveys throughout the season.
- Promote special sales and assist with events as needed.
- Serve as ambassador of goodwill while sharing trails with guests.
- Assist in other duties as assigned.
- Be available December through April on designated shift days (holidays, Saturdays, and/or Sundays.)
- Volunteer a minimum of 12 shifts during season, 8am-4pm, 8 hour average depending on team designation.
- Attend company orientation and training
While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is required to talk and hear; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with, climb or balance, and be able to smell. The volunteer must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. May frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more with assistance up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to walk, stand, and ski on a wide variety of surfaces including snow and ice. Ability to stand for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.