Position: Rental Teching Supervisor
Department: Snow Sports School and Rentals
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non Exempt
Reports to: Rentals Manager
In the Stevens Pass rental shop we function as a team. We succeed or fail, suffer or thrive together. Members of our team will support and be supported by everyone else in the shop in providing enthusiasm for snow sports. Often a rentals team member will be the first point of contact for a generally less experienced guest. We are here to share our enthusiasm with them, and to set them up for success when they hit the snow via providing them with equipment to best meet their individual needs.
As a leader on this team it is necessary to not only share enthusiasm with guest but also with team members. In this position contribution to the guest experience happens through ensuring team members have the training and tools needed to provide appropriate equipment and information to guests. Contribution will additionally happen through ensuring that equipment is returned and on time so that it is available for use by other guests. Also ensuring that all paper work is being filled out completely and correctly so that guests have a clear understanding of how to use their equipment, where to go and what to do, and what are the risks that they are taking.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous leadership experience required
- Must possess or acquire ski binding certification prior to season opening date
- RTP experience highly desirable
- Highly organized and have the ability to remain calm and courteous when under pressure
- Strong communication, motivational, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays throughout the winter season, and be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory background screening
- Be a proponent of Stevens Pass vision, mission, values, and service philosophy.
- Be knowledgeable about the ski area, rental shop, products and services available, and the equipment you are providing for the guest.
- Show up to work on time and in uniform, remain at assigned station or area, unless otherwise directed, or excused.
- Provide a positive attitude towards the workplace, co-workers and guests.
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers effectively regarding personal/work issues.
- Able to work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with department policy and procedure.
- Detail oriented, ensuring that all steps are taken to ensure the safety of the guest by properly completing and handling paperwork and equipment.
- Ensure that duties/projects/tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Possess the ability to use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure.
- Respond enthusiastically when asked to help out in other areas.
- Ensure that teching procedures are properly being followed.
- Have an intimate understanding of inventory management and loss prevention principals.
- Provide support to rental techs and booting lead.
- Address customer concerns and provide solutions.
- Audit equipment inventory daily.
- Correct computer inventory errors and track actual inventory to ensure that all equipment is being returned and accounted for within proper time windows.
- Open, close, and oversee all rental processes and personnel on Process Supervisor’s days off.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Collect payment owed from lost or broken equipment.
- Assist manager in improving shop and inventory management policies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger/handle or feel, stoop/kneel/crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms. Sometimes the employee is required to climb or balance. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance. The employee must have good close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee will be required to walk and balance in wet, icy and uneven footing.