Position: Nordic Center Supervisor
Reports To: Nordic Center Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting the Nordic Center Manager in the operation of the Nordic Center.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for Nordic skiing and teaching.
- Possess leadership skills and planning ability.
- Detail oriented while maintaining a perspective of how those details fit into the ‘big picture’.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-directed problem solver.
- Must be comfortable with the dynamics of a seasonal business.
- May be subject to a satisfactory background screening.
- Current Washington State Food Handlers & Class 12 Liquor Permit cards.
- Ability to be insured to dirve company owned vehicles, machinery, and snow mobiles.
- Assist with key outdoor operations: sign placement, grooming, track setting, snow removal, and instruction, as assigned.
- Assist in coordinating efforts to set up facility for opening in the fall and tear down in the spring.
- Assume responsibility of the Nordic Center operation at the direction of the Nordic Center Manager, Division Director and/or General Manager.
- Coordinate the operations of equipment rentals, cashiering, retail, opening and closing procedures.
- Participates in staff training.
- Listen and understand the concerns and questions of staff on a daily basis.
- Communicate the views of staff to the manager
- Represent and support the views of Stevens Pass and the Nordic Center Manager to the staff.
- Delegate duties and shared responsibilities to staff with the management team.
- Assist the manager in implementing training that will meet the needs of our staff as well as our guests and business objectives.
- Assist in motivating staff to perform to maintain high level of morale under adverse conditions
- Observe and record staff performance and provide constructive feedback using objective measurements documenting corrective discussions or actions.
- Insure adequate daily and weekly staffing levels.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Division Director and/or General Manager
- Posses intimate knowledge of all Nordic products; retail, rental, instructional programs, as well as promotions, policies, and procedures.
- Understand revenue and expense goals for the Nordic program and with the manager, work to meet these objectives by managing labor costs.
- Responsible for the food and beverage order
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Cascade Depot and support facilities.
- Work with the manager and the staff to insure accuracy of work sheets and revenue reports.
- Contribute suggestions and efforts to the continued growth and quality improvements of the Nordic program.
- Frequently shadow staff for purposes of evaluation
- On-going contact and interactions with the guests to ensure the best guest service
- Ensure that all guest concerns and complaints are handled with satisfactory results and that appropriate follow-up is done.
- Be in active contact with other departments: Transit, Accounting, Grooming/Vehicle Maintenance, Ski & Snowboard School, Rentals, Retail, and Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger/handle or feel, stoop/kneel/crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms. Sometimes the employee is required to climb stairs/ladders or balance. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds; assist fallen students in getting up and maintaining balance. Must have good close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to perform the duties of this job in all weather conditions.