Job Title: Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Department: Vehicle. Maintenance
Reports To: Vehicle Maintenance Manager
Status: Year-Round, Non-Exempt
This position assists with the maintenance of all rolling stock at Stevens Pass.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to be insured to drive company vehicles.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum four years experience in auto mechanics and vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair mechanical problems of the rolling stock including loaders, snow removal equipment, snow cat machines, snowmobiles, company work vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Repair brakes, transmissions, rear-ends and clutches, hydraulic systems, valves, pumps and electrical vehicle systems.
- Perform routine vehicle preventative maintenance and tune-ups.
- Assist with the shop, storage area, and parts room storage, stocking, and cleaning.
- Report on all maintenance projects and equipment repair.
- Assist with testing vehicles after completion of repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and use hands to finger/handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit, climb or balance; stoop/kneel/crouch or crawl. At times the employee will need to and be able to lift up to 50 pounds or greater with assistance. The employee will be exposed to: work near moving mechanical parts, wet/humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the working environment is usually loud.