Position: ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Reports To: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER AND GENERAL MANAGER
Status: YEAR ROUND, EXEMPT
Staff Accountant, Auditing Supervisor, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable.
Responsible for the success of the Accounting department; oversee the department’s budget, staffing and performance. Manage the daily operations of the department and function as a member of the management team. Responsible for adherence to sound accounting policies, ensuring and maintaining effective systems in order to safeguard assets and internal control protocol for cash handling and inventory control; along with revenue collections. Maintain effective relationships with customers, vendors, management and ownership in regard to accounting and business needs of Stevens Pass. Work closely with the General Manager and Chief Financial Officer to provide accurate and timely accounting and financial information.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• A four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent previous experience.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position.
• Proven success in a management role.
• CPA or CMA a plus.
• Previous experience with RTP applications highly desirable.
• Experience with integrated general ledger software systems and financial reporting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and their application.
• Employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory background screening.
• Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
• Hire, train, manage, and lead department staff.
• Prioritize and organize a variety of tasks and projects; delegate; follow through.
• Identify and recommend solutions to accounting issues or problems.
• Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
• Maintain a cordial and fun, yet businesslike, atmosphere in the workplace while promoting ever improving guest service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public, using tact, courtesy, and sound judgment.
• Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure effective accounting outcomes.
• Serve as a resource with regard to business practices and policy.
• Uphold all Company policies. Be a proponent of Stevens Pass vision, values, and service philosophy.
• Maintain the Stevens Pass General Ledger.
• Follow-through with managers for any cash or inventory variances.
• Provide account analysis regarding all General Ledger, A/P, A/R, and Fixed Assets.
• Interface with corporate ownership and the accounting team.
• Prepare monthly and annual financial statements and other reports: sales, excise, payroll, property.
• Month-end GJE accruals for financial statement preparation.
• Monitor Purchase Order reports for accuracy.
• Oversee Financial Statement Presentation - Budget to Actual Variance analysis.
• Provide sales reconciliation and posting.
• Oversee posting and payment of Forest Service Rent & Leasehold tax.
• Provide reconciliation of bank statements and various accounts to the general ledger.
• Manage and prepare audit schedules for annual audit.
• Assist with the preparation and compilation of the company’s operating business plans.
• Manage the Accounting department annual budget.
• Oversee the performance of the Auditing department, supervisor training and development; support the departmental operations, personnel, and systems.
• Maintain lease and debt payment schedules; inventory valuation; fixed asset and depreciation schedules
• Play an active role with the administration, training and use of all POS systems
Ability to perform work while sitting at a work station viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time. Regularly required to walk, stand, sit and occasionally required to bend, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, balance, reach above shoulders and head. Must use hands and fingers to handle or feel, write, type, manipulate objects; reach with arms and/or hands. Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice covered surfaces, stairs and/or ladders. Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to work in all weather conditions. Possess the ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs. Must be able hear and to speak clearly to others including public speaking and phone and radio communication. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.
Perform additional tasks as requested by the General Manager, the Chief Financial Officer, and the Senior Management Team.