Position: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: GENERAL MANAGER
Status: Year Round, exempt, benefitted
As a member of the Management Team, this positon directs the functions of the Human Resources department including, but not limited to: recruitment, on-boarding, benefits, compensation, employment best practices, and employee services. Responsible for the department’s budget, work environment, and service delivery. Works closely with the General Manager and the Management Team to plan and implement tactical actions to achieve company goals regarding guest service, sustainable profitability and workforce management while providing a safe, respectful and legally compliant work environment. Uphold all confidentialities within the Human Resources department.
Human Resource Coordinators and the Payroll Administrator
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience and education; relevant continuing education and/or certification (PHR or SPHR) desired.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize, problem-solve and follow through.
- Proven record of administrative excellence including senior level support.
- Proficiency in payroll, timekeeping, and recruiting software highly desired.
- Ability to work both independently and within a functional team; service and people oriented with organizational strength.
- Proven success in staff management, collaboration, and relationship building with all populations within an organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of the processes, practices, and legal aspects involved with benefits, employment, payroll, and workplace safety.
- This position is subject to a satisfactory background screening.
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a weather dependent seasonal business.
- Ensure that critical functions such as payroll and benefits meet compliance standards
- Hire, train and support the Human Resources team; provide coordination of duties, scheduling, training, professional development, coaching and evaluation for staff.
- Manage the business plans (budget) for Human Resources and Employee Services; achieve responsible stewardship of expenses, wages, and adjustments to meet functional and financial objectives.
- Lead the HR staff in the delivery of employee services: events, privileges, uniforms, company store, housing, and other programs. Oversee service delivery across all HR functions to be aligned with the Stevens Pass service philosophy and company values.
- Foster excellent working relationships between all HR functions and other departments.
Human Resources Administration
- Maintain company practices to be in compliance with all employment law, hiring practices, government regulations and guidance; conduct and/or assist with audits.
- Support all company policies and practices; educate and inform employees; support supervisors in disciplinary actions; conduct investigations; propose policy changes; ensure appropriate documentation.
- Work with General Manager to develop, administer and maintain companywide compensation and succession plans.
- Administer employee benefits including company-paid and supplemental plans: work with brokers/carriers, enrollment, maintenance, payroll deductions, billing and termination.
- Maintain 401K program: monitor eligibility, process enrollment, perform on-going communication, and audits.
- Unemployment/L & I: Provide employee information and resolve discrepancies between Stevens Pass and applicable government offices and our liaison.
- Coordinate recordkeeping, document retention and destruction for applicable agencies, internal purposes and other data.
- Monitor and encourage employee safety; analyze injury trends to instruct better practices; process injury reports and claims; point of contact for injured workers, retro administrator and medical providers.
- Oversee timekeeping and payroll functions; establish and maintain accurate department records and reports; ensure compliance within all aspects of the labor and personnel.
Recruiting / On-Boarding
- Plan and implement recruiting plan; both long term strategy and response to immediate openings.
- Design and maintain all materials, website, application tracking, routing; configure software per organizational and workflow changes.
- Work with hiring managers to handle all requisitions; serve as a resource on the selection and hiring process; screen candidates, handle inquiries.
- Coordinate employee orientation, including scheduling, preparation and staffing; design and implement all On/Off Boarding processes.
- Provide leadership in the planning, innovation, and implementation of employee programs and services.
- Provide training and assistance in employee and workplace management to the company’s management and supervisory staff in order to provide a compliant, safe and respectful work place environment.
- Assist in setting strategic course for employee satisfaction, workforce/staffing effectiveness and manager support.
- Provide labor reporting and employment data for both internal and external requests
- Be a proponent of the Stevens Pass values, service philosophy, and leadership training programs.
- Provide administrative and program/service support to the General Manager and Senior Team.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the General Manager and Senior Team.
- Oversee the Company Store and Uniform functions, ensuring services are provided to the meet the level of needs throughout the organization.
- Responsible for inventory, ordering, sales, reports, and cost adjustments for the store and uniform products.
- Establish and maintain internal service procedures for employee and dependent pass sales, timecards, transit vouchers, and other service transactions.
- Supervise Employee Housing; assist with department housing allocations; coordinate and administer check-ins, move-outs, deposits, payroll rent deductions, and rental contracts; respond to housing requests, issues, and maintenance needs.
Physical Demands and work environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or greater with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion. The employee will occasionally walk on slick, wet, snow-covered, or uneven surfaces.