Position Title: Benefits Administrator
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt, Benefitted, 12 Month-Year Round
Responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs; group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, and 401(k) plan. Provides excellent customer service while administrating the company provided benefits plans, investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience; relevant continuing education and/or certification (PHR or SPHR) preferred.
- Background in office support or administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Experience working with payroll, timekeeping, and recruiting software highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize, trouble-shoot and problem-solve.
- Ability to work both independently and within a functional team.
- Proven success in management of a staff, collaboration, and relationship building with all populations within an organization.
- General knowledge and understanding of the processes, practices, and legal aspects involved with benefits, employment, payroll, and workplace safety.
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Administer employee benefits including company-paid and supplemental plans: work with brokers/carriers, enrollment, maintenance, payroll deductions, billing and termination.
- Maintain 401K program: monitor eligibility, process enrollment, perform on-going communication, and audits.
- L & I Administration: Work closely with Risk Manager to provide employee information and resolve discrepancies between Stevens Pass and applicable government offices and our consultants.
- Manage L&I record keeping.
- Monitor and encourage employee safety; analyze injury trends to instruct better practices; process injury reports and claims; point of contact for injured workers, retro administrator and medical providers.
- Coordinate recordkeeping, document retention and destruction for applicable agencies, internal purposes and other data.
- Provide labor reporting and employment data for both internal and external requests.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Assist HR Team in reviewing and routing of applications/resumes and tracking of employee paperwork.
- Assist with coordination of employee orientation, including scheduling, preparation and staffing; design and implement all On/Off Boarding processes
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Human Resources Manager, General Manager and Senior Team.
Physical Demands and work environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee extensive work on a computer, viewing a monitor; speaks to others, including large groups; uses hearing; gives instructions. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or greater with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion. The employee will occasionally walk on slick, wet, snow-covered, or uneven surfaces.