Job Title: Housing Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Senior Human Resources Manager
Status: Seasonal, Hourly
Responsible for overseeing all employee housing at Stevens Pass, assisting in the development of new employee housing, and overseeing all leased and rental properties dealing with employee housing. This position is responsible for coordinating all work activities pertaining to the employee housing programs at Stevens Pass including Summit and Yodelin employee housing units, and off-mountain housing units.
All employee housing monitors.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Background in office support or administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Experience working with payroll, timekeeping, and recruiting software highly desired.
- Previous cashiering experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize, trouble-shoot and problem-solve.
- Ability to work both independently and within a functional team; service and people oriented with organizational strength.
- Proven success in management of a staff, collaboration, and relationship building with all populations within an organization.
- General knowledge and understanding of the processes, practices, and legal aspects involved with benefits, employment, payroll, and workplace safety.
- Ability to be insured to drive company vehicles.
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Oversee employee housing monitors to ensure their assignments are completed; including pre-season move-ins, mid-season monitoring and checks, and end of the season check-outs.
- Assist HR and department managers with housing allocations
- Supervise all housing monitors to ensure that employees are following housing policies and procedures.
- Attend to housing issues as they arise including maintenance, safety, and tenant relations.
- Organize, prioritize, and communicate housing maintenance issues, projects, and needs to the Buildings & Grounds department and appropriate assigned departments; ensure completion of maintenance priorities and tasks.
- Oversee the collection, record, and coordination of employee housing deposits and payment schedule; coordinate with payroll and HR staff to ensure efficiency in procedures, communication of housing assignments, and payroll housing deductions.
- Responsible for employee housing and rental agreement forms, records keeping, and housing files and documentation.
- Act as the main contact for landlords, employees, and interested parties.
- Assist with establishing housing and program guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Provide employees with accurate, timely, and positive information using a variety of communication vehicles.
- Develop rapport with employees and departments through interpersonal interactions and correspondences.
- Be available to employees for information, issues, direction; exercise sound judgment and appropriate discretion in handling employee issues.
- Maintain the integrity of the department in all aspects of Human Resources and Human Service ethics.
- Be a proponent of the department and company’s values, mission, vision, and service philosophy.
- Perform additional tasks as directed by the Senior Human Resources Manager, the Senior Team, or the General Manager.
Ability to perform sitting at a work station viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time. Regularly required to walk, stand, sit and occasionally required to bend, stoop, kneel, climb stairs, balance, reach above shoulder and head. Must use hands and fingers to handle or feel, write, type, manipulate objects; reach with arms and/or hands. Must possess the ability to walk on uneven surfaces, and/or snow and ice covered surfaces, stairs and/or ladders. Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to work in all weather conditions. Possess the ability to lift and/or move 40 lbs and up to 100 lbs with assistance. Must be able hear and to speak clearly to others including public speaking and phone and radio communication. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.