Position: Rentals Center Team Member
Department: Snowsports School and Rentals
Status: Winter - Seasonal, Hourly, Non Exempt
Reports to: Rentals Center Supervisor
First and foremost all of the guests and employees here at Stevens Pass are here to have fun! Team Members perform various tasks related to the operation of the Rental Center including greeting and welcoming guests, boot fitting, selecting, adjusting and dispatching snowsports equipment and handling equipment returns.
Often the first point of contact for many guests and in particular beginners, Rental Center Team Members have the opportunity to work together to create a great first impression through providing exceptional guest service.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for snowsports
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Proven to be detail oriented and thorough when following directions and completing paperwork
- Must be certified by the primary ski binding manufacturer or become certified within 1 week of beginning position
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business
- Employment in this position may be subject to a satisfactory background screening
- Greet students, families, and guests; ensuring a warm welcome
- Connect with the guest to determine the right product and suggest alternative or additional products or services to guests when appropriate
- Assist in ensuring all guests are fitted accurately for boots
- Select, inspect, adjust and dispatch boots and equipment, following shop and manufacturers’ policies and procedures
- Ensure all appropriate guest and employee paperwork is completed
- Educate guests and check for understanding regarding basic equipment usage
- Receive and properly store returned gear, assist with equipment inventory and inspection
- Thank guests and encourage them to return
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of all guest facing areas and perform opening and/or closing duties
- Cross-train into other areas to broaden job knowledge and experience when appropriate
- Perform additional tasks as requested by Managers and Supervisors, the General Manager and Senior Management Team.
- Be a proponent of Stevens Pass vision, mission, values, and service philosophy
- Be a good example for the sport and industry by managing personal stress levels, maintaining a positive attitude and communicating enthusiasm for snowsports
- Uphold a high personal standard of punctuality, professionalism and work quality
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance in accordance with department uniform policies.
- Raise concerns regarding resources, personnel or workload appropriately and in a timely manner
- Apply a detail oriented approach to tasks when required, producing accurate work and properly completing and handling paperwork and equipment
- Work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with policies and procedures
- Possess the ability to use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure.
- Possess intimate knowledge of all products, equipment, promotions, policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to use hand tools, type, reach with hands or arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.