POSITION: Food & Beverage Quick Serve Manager
REPORTS TO: Front of House Manager
STATUS: Seasonal, Hourly, Benefits
STAFF SUPERVISED: About 50 employees
Responsible for the daily Front of House operations in the quick serve restaurants of the Granite Peaks, Pacific Crest and Tye Creek Lodges. Ensure that these operations are run efficiently and cost effectively while maintaining a high level of customer service. Must see teamwork, employee morale and a positive work environment as a priority. Lead by example, while overseeing implementation of daily operating procedures within Lodge
Provide support, direction and assistance to all staff members while helping them maintain a “Fast, Friendly, Flexible and Fun” attitude. Maintain clear and open communication with staff members, all other departments within the resort and the parent company. Position is subject to a satisfactory background screening. Comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- A minimum of three years FOH food and beverage management experience, in a fast paced, high volume food and beverage operation.
- Possess strong understanding of standards of service and sound personnel management, with an emphasis on training, directing and motivating others.
- Be highly organized and have an ability to work under pressure.
- Be able to work as a team member with management and front line positions.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills, planning ability and vision.
- Problem solver, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Must be competent in Microsoft office applications, specifically Word and Excel. Conversational Spanish a plus.
- Monitor all daily operations to ensure that customer service standards and quality levels are being met.
- Assist in staff recruitment.
- Ensure guest service scores and guest satisfaction standards are being met.
- Maintain clean, well-organized, and well-maintained facilities in compliance with Stevens Pass and Washington State mandated Standards.
- Ensure the production of the best possible product, attractively presented and efficiently served.
- Collaborating with Events Coordinator in the successful implementation of all banquets.
- Ensure that proper controls are in place with cash handling procedures.
- Produce reports and other paperwork as required, in a timely manner.
- Participate in weekly F&B management meetings and other company activities.
- Handle customer relations and/or employee problems that may arise, making consistent decisions to resolve conflict.
- Assist business manager create policies and procedures manuals for FOH and BOH with help from other managers.
- Assist business manager create training manuals for FOH and BOH with help from other managers.
- Assist training of managers (train the trainers)
- Handle all guest complaints
- Cashier and auditing standards
- Assist with HR issues
- Employee communications
- Ensure all staff are meeting all established standards of service.
- Monitor and test service skills of staff, retrain and reinforce all standards on food and quality and service details daily. Provide feedback and appraisals as necessary
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of dining rooms and work areas; communicate issues of safety, cleanliness or malfunctions to appropriate departments; manage maintenance/safety issues to completion.
- Plan and conduct meetings for outlets on a monthly basis to ensure staff is correctly communicated with and that staff are consistently trained and well-motivated.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings to ensure good cross communication between departments.
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives, menu items, and other items to stimulate growth in sales for each outlet and a variety of latest market developments
- Ensure all current Accounting/Auditing, Safety, Security and Human Resources policies are being adhered to. Report any issues or grievances to the Executive Chef or Human Resources
- Participate in guest experience programs and incorporate into daily operating procedures
- Assist with inventories, reports and other paperwork as required, in a timely manner
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
Staff management is critical to the success of these operations. This manager must have leadership qualities and traits that include:
- The ability to listen to employees and understand their concerns and questions from regularly scheduled staff
- meetings and one on one interactions.
- Ability to represent the views of staff to management.
- Ability to represent the views of the company to the employees.
- Delegate responsibility to supervisors.
- Motivate employees to perform under challenging conditions.
- Maintain high staff morale.
- Develop outline for preseason functions including hiring, training and startup procedures.
- Hire staff who are qualified and motivated to be at Stevens Pass.
- Coordinate the daily and weekly staffing levels for the FOH restaurant and banquet facilities.
- Conduct constructive employee reviews.
- Record corrective discussions.
- Assist business manager produce staff manual that clearly outlines policies, procedures and expectations of the
- department, division and company. Update as needed on annual basis.
An understanding of the business of restaurants, and the seasonal resort environment is critical for this management position. It is the manager’s responsibility to maintain close familiarity with the scope of performance of their operation. The following duties are to be followed:
- Plan, develop and implement goals, objectives and policies for these departments.
- Ensure that proper controls are in place with cash handling procedures.
- Participate in weekly management meetings and other company activities.
- Handle customer relations and/or employee problems that may arise, making consistent decisions to resolve
- Other duties as required by Stevens Pass management.
- Be knowledgeable about the ski area, all food and beverage services.
- Show up to work on time and in uniform.
- Provide a positive attitude towards the workplace, co-workers and guests.
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers effectively regarding personal/work issues.
- Able to work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with department policy and procedure.
- Detail oriented, ensuring that all steps are taken to develop and implement training and development programs.
- Ensure that duties/projects/tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure FOH and BOH staff are being treated respectfully and professionally.
- Possess the ability to use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and scenarios that are not clearly defined by department policy and procedure.
- Know the Food and Beverage Manager and Supervisor Behavioral Expectations and act according to these
- guidelines in the workplace.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Washington state food handlers permit and Washington state liquor control board MAST liquor permit. ServSafe Certification within 1 year of hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.